The Value of “Cloud” in the Business Technology Ecosystem (Jambey Clinkscales)

There are going to be over 50 tremendous workshops at the 32nd annual BDPA Technology Conference in Philadelphia on July 28-31, 2010. One of those workshops is being presented by HP program manager Jambey Clinkscales. His workshop is entitled The Value of “Cloud” in the Business Technology Ecosystem.

Jambey Clinkscales has more than thirty years in the Information Technology (IT) industry with demonstrated success in leadership. He progressed from hands-on network engineering roles to regional and executive management, serving as a Client Delivery Executive and an Account Manager in the Global Financial Markets Group in New York. He provided strategic planning for a global financial enterprise as a Network Tower Lead. Jambey is a problem solver who improves technical operations and alignment with strategic business planning direction.

Jambey established the Regional Ambassador role for EDS’ employee resource group in 2005. By leading regular monthly team meetings the organization expanded its reach from EDS’ corporate headquarters to spread across the US. In 2008 he became the organization’s president and led the integration with classic HP employee resource groups. In 2009 he became the Chairman of the HP Black Employee Leadership Council. He is a member of BDPA New York chapter. He served as a Delegate for New York at the 2007 BDPA Technology Conference in Washington DC. Jambey is in the ITSMF Executive Protégé Program.

Workshop participants will learn the that Cloud Computing is a means by which highly scalable and elastic technology-enabled services can be easily consumed over the internet on an as-needed basis. This workshop addresses these questions; What’s new about cloud? What problems does it uniquely solve? First, from an HP perspective and from a broader industry perspective.

Attendees will also learn about the HP Cloud Discovery Workshop, a powerful representation of decision-making aspects of cloud computing. It is an interactive session with senior consultants to identify strategic cloud related initiatives. Participants build an execution plan and roadmap of projects, design cloud infrastructure, manage cloud-related security, compliance, and governance issues, implement and support cloud-based infrastructure and enable ongoing support and organizational performance.

Finally the workshop will address IT Delivery Models around Public Cloud and Private Cloud delivery. The conclusion and main point is that every service needs to result in the right business outcome. The role of IT - is to source and deliver value. The job of IT will be to ascertain how each technology-enabled service, calibrated to each business outcome, is designed, sourced, delivered, and measured. You can see a more detailed workshop abstract below.
I encourage BETF-Blog readers to pre-register for this workshop before it is sold out! Jambey is a member of this Groupsite. Feel free to ask questions about his workshop. Let's get some discussions going in advance of our travels to Philadelphia!

Edited Fri, Jul 9, 2010 8:13 PM

Replies to this Topic

Great post Wayne...smile

I've been reviewing the seminars and workshops of the upcoming National BDPA Technology Conference....Man I wish I could be there...sigh

This workshop on Cloud Technology is a prime example....most people are unaware that a lot of the new mobile apps are built on Cloud Technology. For those of us in the programming world....this is going to be a powerful workshop. 

Once again the BDPA is leading its membership towards the skills and technology that will be the wave of the future.

I may not be there in Philly...but I will be there via cyberspace.

Peace and Gods Blessings

Jim Neusom (jneusom@yahoo.com)
Executive Director/Publisher
InterServe Networks/City Lights Software, Inc.
www.citylightssoftware.com
www.twitter.com/jimneusom
www.myspace.com/jimneusom
www.facebook.com/jimneusom
www.myspace.com/freshfaces2u
www.blackplanet.com/JimNeusom

Greetings to all BDPA Groupsite readers.

I am honored to offer this workshop on "The Value of "Cloud" in the Business Technology Ecosystem.

Workshop participants will learn that Cloud Computing is a means by which highly scalable and elastic technology-enabled services can be easily consumed over the internet on an as-needed basis.

This workshop addresses these questions; What's new about cloud? What problems does it uniquely solve? First, from an HP perspective and from a broader industry perspective.

If you have any questions or specific topics you want to share let me know.

Thanks

Jambey Clinkscales

Data Center Consolidation

CEMEX USA Shared Services, Program Manager

Phone: +1 (561) 820-8342,

Cell: +1 (917) 731-1236, Home Office: +1 (718) 335-7747

Email: jambey.clinkscales@hp.com

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/09/AR2010070905016.html?hpid=sec-technology

Outlook for Microsoft's move into cloud computing? Cloudy

"..."Everything at the company right now is going to the cloud in one way or another," Roskill said. Some partners have begun to move in that direction, but "it's time for the rest of them to get on board and come with us," he said..."

For my BDPA friends that are in the entertainment or music business...Here is another reason to learn about Cloud computing...  New Web Services Put Music in the Cloud  http://bit.ly/cQj6FH

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA