Grant Award: CompTIA ($5,000)

CompTIA's Unified Communications Community voted a $5,000 grant to the BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF), one of more than 30 tech-related charities that received a combined $100,000 from the Creating IT Futures Foundation in 2012. The Unified Communications Community focuses on best practices, business fundamental education and resources for companies engaged in the creation and delivery of rapidly-developing technology. The group is in the development stage, designed to provide networking opportunities among thought leaders from this segment of the industry. The Unified Communications Community focuses its efforts on building business specific education programs and creating member-driven initiatives to reach their overall objectives.

BETF plans to use the CompTIA grant award in support of our Dr. Jesse Bemley Scholarship Fund. We are building that scholarship fund to reward up to 25 high-performing students in the National BDPA High School Computer Competition championship being held next year in Washington DC.

BETF will continue to try to raise enough money so that we can truly reward these remarkable young 'uns. CompTIA has done its part. Perhaps you are willing to support us with a secure online donation of your own. What say u?

Replies to this Topic

I say 'Wonderful - good news'. Plus Wayne, you not only announced the winning of this award you also shared the plans for this money. Thank You for communicating !

Beverly -- I do think it is important to have frequent, relevant and timely communication with your stakeholders.   That is important for BDPA (local and national) as they seek to grow membership.  It is also important for BETF as we seek to grow our donor base.

I hope it leads to more people making donations in support of BDPA programs, scholarships and services via BDPA Foundation.

Anyhow, thank you for your encouraging reply Beverly!

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA