Discussion Topics

Confirmed Guests: February 9, 2016

BETF is pleased to announce that Adwait Walimbe (Wal-Mart) will be our guest on the November 24th episode of the BDPA iRadio Show.

Adwait is the most decorated BDPA student member in our history. Adwait joined BDPA while still in junior high school. He participated in the local chapter's Student Information Technology Education & Scholarship (SITES) program. In fact, Adwait is the only student in over 30 years of BDPA history to be part of the winning team in National BDPA High School Computer Competition (HSCC) championship for FIVE YEARS.

Adwait used his college scholarship winnings to attend the University of Minnesota. During his college career he participated in the BDPA IT Showcase held in Baltimore. This was when Adwait sat among a large crowd of IT professionals to listen to the career insights delivered at an executive symposium by the keynote speaker Ben Hasan, an IT executive with Wal-Mart.

"That's where I met Ben. I followed up with him later at the conference, and over the next few months he convinced me to join Wal-Mart," said Adwait.

Adwait is also an Eli Lilly Scholarship winner. He worked with other HSCC teammates on an IT startup and now he is making a name for himself at Wal-Mart as a director of strategy and analytics. BDPA iRadio Show will enjoy listening to the story of this young man's journey and how BDPA may have impacted on his career choices.

You must be logged in and a member of this subgroup in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA iRadio
A Subgroup of BDPA