Discussion Topics

« Return to Announcements

"True Black Man" "Woman Absolute"

True_Black_Man.doc

Woman_Absolute.doc

Brothers and Sisters;                                                                                                  My name is Virgil Killebrew, I am an 'Internationally Unknown Poet'. I wrote the poem "True Black Man" on October 13, 1995 to commemorate the "Million Man March". The poem "Woman Absolute" was written the previous year to honor the Expo for 'Today's Black Woman'

I have sold or given copies of these poems to hundreds if not thousands of brothers and sisters over these past 13 1/2 years but I have never published them conventionally for a lot of reasons. However, I would like to make these and other of my poems available to a broader audience, and I need your help.

If you like either of the poems and would like to own an 11"x 17" autographed copy please send $10 per copy plus $2.50 for shipping to:

Virgil Killebrew

2715 W Harrison St

Chicago, Il 60612

Please Send NO cash. Checks or Money orders only! Allow 7 - 10 business days for delivery. If you have questions please email me at VKillebrew@hotmail.com or call 312.618.6038

All poems are printed on acid-free paper and mounted on 3/4" thick poster board with a 1" border all around.  These poems are suitable for display or may be framed according to your likes.

If you would like to have this poem superimposed on a picture of yourself please send me an attached photo in one of the following formats: .png; .gif; .jpeg or 24-bit bitmap. A headshot or head and shoulder profile with spacing on the right-hand side of the picture tends to look best.

Edited Wed, Mar 4, 2009 12:30 PM

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA