Philadelphia

The incoming president for the BDPA Philadelphia chapter is amongst us. Monique Berry is the sister charged with continuing the Chapter of the Year reign of our BDPA chapter in Philadelphia, PA.

BDPA Philadelphia chapter was founded in April 1976. The chapter is currently the 7th largest in the nation with 95 financially current members.

I encourage BDPA Philadelphia chapter members, leaders and supporters to take advantage of this topic to talk with one another. What is your vision for the chapter in Philadelphia over the next year? Care to share?

Replies to this Topic

In a few short weeks, I will have the honor to serve as the next president of BDPA Philadelphia Chapter (4-time National Chapter of the Year). I would not have been inspired to embark on this journey without the leadership, support and guidance from Philadelphia’s past presidents: Howard James, Donald Campbell, Curtis Jenkins, Monique Berry, Hayward West and Ron Cureton .

I would also like to thank Wayne Hicks (BETF executive director), Milt Haynes (BDPA chief information officer), and Earl Pace (BDPA founder) who were also instrumental in my decision.

Finally, I would like to thank Charlie Perkins (BDPA Southern Minnesota chapter president) and Perry Carter (BDPA Washington DC chapter president) for their counsel as Philadelphia works aggressively to build a stronger Student Information Technology Education & Scholarship (SITES) program.

I look forward to carrying on the BDPA mission to 'Advance Careers from the Classroom to the Boardroom'!

Sincerely,
Eileen Gadsden , 2012-2013 president
BDPA Philadelphia Chapter
Greetings!

Wishing you every happiness this Holiday Season and prosperity in the New Year.

We hope you can join us for our State of the Chapter Program Meeting on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 6 p.m. This year keynote address will be presented by Tommy Jones, CIO of the City of Philadelphia - " Engaging a Mobile Public ".

Sincerely,
Eileen Gadsden , president
BDPA Philadelphia Chapter
Curtis Jenkins is the recipient of the 2011 Wintino Jones Memorial Award for Outstanding Member of the Year. Curtis was awarded for his many years of dedicated service to the Philadelphia Chapter.

The award was presented to him during the Philadelphia Chapter's State of the Chapter Program Meeting held on Wednesday, January 18, 2012.

Significant Business Results has agreed to sponsor ten (10) BDPA college student memberships in support of the BDPA Philadelphia chapter. That means that we are now offering 10 college student memberships on a first-come, first-served basis to college students in the greater Philadelphia area. All you need to do is send the following five data points to me (wayne.hicks@bdpa.org):

1. Name
2. College
3. Email Address
4. Phone Number
5. Mailing Address

Do you know of any college students that would benefit from BDPA membership? Here are some reasons why a college student would want to join BDPA - http://www.bdpa.org/?page=Students

Here are the programs that BDPA offers to its college students - http://www.slideshare.net/BDPAFoundation/bdpa-and-college-students

The next step is yours! The first 10 qualified college student names that we receive with the five data points shown above will become BDPA members! Why are you still reading ... send me the names!

peace,
Wayne Hicks, director
National BDPA Corporate Sales
Twitter: @BDPA | www.bdpa.org
(513) 284-4968

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA