Discussion Topics

« Return to Career Center

Needed - Coud hosting engineers and Cloud Infrastructure architects/consultants

I am currently recruiting/hiring for (3) Cloud Hosting engineers and (5) Cloud Infrastructure Architects at Deloitte Consulting. The cloud hosting engineers will help support our public cloud offering which is offered to our Deloitte clients. It hosts dev/test/production applications. I'm looking for recent or soon to be college grads who have a strong desire to learn and grow in the technology disipline. This is an entry level position that will focus on system administration and cloud operations. Experience with Windows, Linux, and VMWare is a plus. Below are some of the requirements and responsibilities. All locations are optional as long as they are in a major city. Please contact me, if you someone you know is interested. 

The Cloud hosting position will be focused on the following activities:

• Provide first level operations support of Deloitte's hosting ecosystem to project teams and clients
  • Full lifecycle management of environments from deployment, through maintenance, to decommission
  • System administration of Windows and Linux operating systems
  • Maintaining network and security, including user authentication, Active Directory, and DNS
  • Work with service providers to enable managed services and new technologies 

Personal Qualifications

•  
    • Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
    • Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
    • Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
    • Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
    • System administration, deployment, and operational expertise Windows,  Linux, and VMware is a plus

The Cloud Architect is a client facing position that will travel to clients to help achitect, implement, and solve cloud infrastructure issues.

The position will be focused on the following activities:

• Deliver technology advisory and implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments for SNET and our clients
  • Encompasses architecture, engineering, and provide third level support for operations services for the IT strategy, innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success
  • Innovation using the latest virtualization technology, tools, and capabilities
  •   Work with alliances and vendors to provide emerging platforms
  • Identify business and technical requirements for new and existing technologies
  • Provide technical support for the SNET and our clients
  • Assist consulting practice on Pursuits, RFP responses, and solution development and sustainment
  • Develop documentation for best practices for server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing

Personal Qualifications

• Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
  • Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology
  • Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
  • Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
  • System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems is a plus
  • Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment is a plus
  • Knowledge of VMWare, HP, IBM, Cisco, EMC, Dell Systems and other major vendors of infrastructure technology is a plus

Replies to this Topic

Hi Mr. West, I am interested in applying for one of those positions. How do I apply? 

Profile Image for Sheila T. Sheila
  • Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:22 PM

Hello,

I am well versed in the technologies listed in the above requirement.  I've been working in Linux-Windows-VMWare environments for many years.  How should I apply for consideration for the position?

Thank you in advance,

Sheila Thomas

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA