Executive Protege Program

If you are looking for a way to build your leadership skills, seriously consider the Executive Protégé Program (EPP). This program is the brainchild of the Information Technology Senior Management Forum (ITSMF). ITSMF's mission is to fill the executive pipeline with the next generation of African American executives. One way that the mission is accomplished is through the Executive Protégé Program.

EPP is the only national mentoring program focused on cultivating executive talent among IT Professionals of color. EPP offers:
  • Exposure and interaction with high-level IT executives
  • Training and development of leadership skills through assessments and workshops
  • A confidential relationship with a senior-level mentor
  • Guidance on career-related issues which are unique to African Americans in leadership
  • An opportunity to elevate leadership skills through insightful executive coaching
For additional information you can visit the ITSMF website or call (630) 406-1918.

Perhaps if we are lucky, we can encourage some ITSMF members or EPP alumni to share a COMMENT below about the program with us.

Replies to this Topic

The EPP program was uniquely designed to assist aspiring IT Black executives to establish a relationship with a senior Black executive.  Critical attributes that distinguish this program are:

Mentoring within the IT industry with business insight for Blacks at all levels;

Conference Calls monthly with expert executives on topics that strengthen careers or derail careers...very focused, unfiltered dialogue provided by a senior Black IT executive with the opportunity for 1-1 exchange;

Opportunity to actually meet with the Black IT executives of ITSMF at various meetings during the year, face to face that result in broadening your network of relationships.

This program is structured and managed by a program director who is an executive coach and a driven leader of the success of this program.  It is why I am confident that companies value the program to the extent that it complements the professional development of their talent.  The track record sells the investment.  Don't wait for someone to come to you to own your career, take the EPP to your leadership team and get engaged!

My protege continues to amaze me and I value the opportunity I had to work with her but I also applaud her continued success as an IT Black executive!

As always, Wayne, thanks for encouraging BDPA members and those in your network to take advantage of this program.

Jylla Foster, ITSMF member and Executive Coach

Hello,

I'm sincerely interested in the EPP.

I'm currently a Design Engineer for Lockheed Martin in Orlando, Florida.

What are some of the next steps for one to pursue the EPP?

Please advise,

Glenn R. Brown

BDPA Orlando Chpater - VP Communications

A great brochure is on the ITSMF website that provides all of the necessary information for the EPP.  www.ITSMFONLINE.org   

THANKS for your interest!  Jylla

On May 15 – 17, ITSMF held the annual Protégé Forum. This year’s forum was held in Stamford Connecticut and was hosted by UBS. The attendees for the forum were ITSMF members, protégés, protégé alumni, and guest. The highlight of the forum was Friday evenings EPP Graduation that featured 18 graduates in the class of 2008. The EPP Graduation was held at the Pitney Bowes world headquarters. What a first class affair! The class of 2009 has 30 participants and applications are coming in for the class of 2010.

More details and contact information can be found on the website.

Curvie 

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA