Discussion Topics

« Return to Member Services

Dissertation Research

Are you (or were you) a Black management consultant who works for a large firm? Are you aware of someone who is?

My name is Brook Dennard, and I am conducting a study designed to explore the techniques Black management consultants employ in negotiating cross-cultural interactions with their colleagues and clients. I am looking for volunteers interested in completing a brief 7-10 minute survey. The link to complete this survey and additional details regarding the survey and study can be found below.

Description of the study: The goal of this study is to identify the techniques Black management consultants employ in negotiating cross-cultural interactions with their colleagues and clients. The information collected will increase our understanding of how Black management consultants establish rapport with their counterparts and clients. By highlighting the experiences of Black management consultants, we can demonstrate how an increased understanding of the interpersonal process of negotiating cross-cultural interactions translates into the successful recruitment and retention of minority talent.

Who can participate? This study seeks to examine the experiences of Black management consultants in large management consulting firms. Participants must meet the following criteria:

• Currently or previously employed as a management consultant at a large consulting firm (including, but not limited to, Deloitte, Bain, IBM, Accenture, Booze Allen, or PWC)

• Identify as Black or African-American
All information provided in the survey will be confidential!

Who is the researcher?
The researcher for this study is a doctoral candidate at George Washington University in Washington, DC. This research is being conducted to fulfill the requirements of her doctoral degree. She hopes the results of the study will be useful in giving a voice to Black management consultants and will help consulting firms understand the unique and often inaudible challenges faced by minority management consultants.

How do I participate? If you would like to participate in this study, please complete the questionnaire using the link below. If you know someone who might meet the criteria for participation, please forward this email to them as well!

Questions? If you would like additional information about my research, or would like to provide potential participants with additional information on this study, please feel free to share the attached Research Briefing, and/or contact the researcher: Brook Dennard at brook.dennard@gmail.com

Try link below!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T5235J5

Thank you so much for your support!

Brook Dennard
Doctoral Candidate
The George Washington University
brook.dennard@gmail.com

Replies to this Topic

Thanks for forwarding this.

Aprille

Aprille - No problem.   I just wanted to highlight the request in its own discussion rather than to have it as a response to another post.   Anyhow, I hope that this is helpful!    I would be happy to Brook interviewed on the BDPA iRadio Show if there is interest.

peace, Wayne

Reach out to the researcher directly. I have no direct affiliation but wanted to support. I would love to hear about the findings. Aprille

Sent from my iPhone

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA