Discussion Topics

Member Objectives: Can We Help One Another?

Cliff / Jeff / Julius / Milt -- I visited the MEMBER OBJECTIVES menu item this afternoon.  I noticed that the four of you have shared one or more of your member objectives with the BETF subgroup.

What can we do to help one another acheive these objectives?   Care to elaborate on the member objective(s) that you've shared with us here in this discussion topic?

NOTE: One of the benefits of BDPA membership is the powerful networking opportunities that the organization touts.    Here is a chance for us to lead by example.

What say u?

Replies to this Topic

Cliff Samuels Jr. has two MEMBER OBJECTIVES listed. 

One of them is "Form alliance with Detroit Public schools to improve use of technology Work with teachers and parents to demonstrate/train the use of current software and hardware available to use in the classroom. Distribute recycled computer for student and parent loaded with Open Source and Freeware software."

@Cliff -- can you update us on any progress or thoughts you have about this objective.  Are there things that we can do to support your efforts?

For what it's worth, I attended Cincinnati chapter corporate advisory council meeting today.  They are targeting the Cincinnati Public Schools CIO to become a member of the chapter's CAC.    I've seen the Chicago Public Schools CIO serve as a keynote speaker for a recent annual banquet hosted by BDPA Chicago chapter.    

Do any of these ideas have any resonance for what you want to do in Detroit?

Jeff Cunningham is president of BDPA So. Florida chapter.   He also owns his own business.  He has one MEMBER OBJECTIVE.

His objective is "Strategic Partnerships: Form strategic partnerships with corporate sponsors, BDPA Florida chapters, my Community and Minority organizations in South Florida."

Anyone here care to some ideas with Jeff?

Jeff -- my idea is that you / your chapter should create a corporate advisory council (CAC).  Is that something that you've already done or thought about?

You must be logged in and a member of this subgroup in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BETF
A Subgroup of BDPA