Discussion Topics

Confirmed Guests: August 23, 2011

Ruthe Farmer agreed to be a guest on our Aug 23rd show.   Ruthe is the National Center for Women in IT (NCWIT) director of Strategic Initiatives.   BDPA has worked with Ruthe over the past two years in support of the Award for Aspirations in Computing ... an award that honors young women active and interested in computing and technology.  BDPA joins NCWIT to seek out our next generation of digital divas!

Edited Wed, Jun 15, 2011 6:46 PM

Replies to this Topic

BDPA Atlanta chapter president Carter Hill agreed to be a guest on the August 23rd episode of the BDPA iRadio Show.

Carter is in the 2nd year of his presidency. He is implementing a new strategic plan within his chapter called, ‘BDPA 3.0'. There are a number of chapter best practices that come out Carter's vision for the direction of BDPA in the future.

BDPA Twin Cities HSCC coordinator Michael Wulf agreed to be a guest on the August 23rd episode of the BDPA iRadio Show.

Michael is a long-time trainer for the HSCC program in BDPA Twin Cities.   He has two sons that have participated as members of the national HSCC team from Twin Cities chapter.  Both sons (Justin and Jorian) earned Bemley Scholarships as a result of their HSCC experiences.  However, I think his hook is that he wants to add ‘mobile technology' training to the HSCC program next year.

Wow! I just heard from Ruthe this morning. I've got to get the word out to our young ladies about this opportunity

I agree about Ruthe and the Aspirations for Computing award.  I hope that *ALL* of our female HSCC students are encouraged to apply for this award...

You must be logged in and a member of this subgroup in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA iRadio
A Subgroup of BDPA